My photo
A network of inspiring minds speaking about LIFE.

Monday, March 29, 2010

TREAT'EM LIKE A PROSTITUTE


Whatcha mean 'Lik?  

In 1988, Slick Rick came out with a hit song "Children's Story".  That was my joint back in the day.  So I knew when the album....I mean the cassette tape...came out I had to get it.  The Great Adventures of Slick Rick.  I remember going to the record store to get it and couldn't wait to get home to pop it in my boom box.  I opened the package and hit play, turned the volume to about 10...and the first song went...."Here's an oldie, but goodie".... At this point I looked at the name of the first song on the cover..."TREAT'EM LIKE A PROSTITUTE".  

Uh oh...I better turn this jank DOWN before my Momma hears it.  At the lower volume, I commence to listen to the words, especially the chorus.  It goes...

"Treat'em like a prostitute; 
Don't treat no girlie well until you're sure of the scoop; 
'Cause all they do is they hurt and trample;
Listen up close here comes my first example....."

Before I knew it, I had hit rewind to listen to it again.  Slick Rick was breaking down his examples of dealing with women that he didn't trust.  However, let me use this song title to break it down a little further.  I am challenged to create a new interpretation of this song.  Think about it from an Economic Viewpoint - the Economic Turnstile called LIFE.  See daily, we run the streets trying to get all that we can get only to pay it back to our pimps (the system).  We, the skeezers, sacrifice our temple (mind, body, spirit, health, etc) to obtain that almighty dollar.  The prostitute is said to be the true provider for the pimp.  The prostitute pays the pimp.  The pimp receives this money and "appears" to protect and care for the hooker's best interest.  Like Slick Rick said..."cause all they do is they hurt and trample". 

We know the game right??  Look in the mirror if you don't.  Look around you for examples.  We are the prostitutes.  We go home after a long day at the job and ask ourselves, how do I get out of this mess...how can I break away from these economic challenges....why do they have control over me???  The key is for the "pimp" to NEVER allow the prostitutes to rise up or figure out the game.  At that point, the pimp has lost the prostitute and will have to be in search of another one.  The pimp (economic overload) says we are not good enough so they "smack us" with high interest rates, minimal paying jobs, unapproved credit, inflated costs, lay-offs, downsizing, etc.  They don't want us to be "sure of the scoop".


And there lies the answer.  We must prepare ourselves to know the "scoop".  We cannot continue to allow ourselves to be prostitutes and run the street with no clue.  Arm yourself and take back what you worked hard for.  First, stop giving the pimp all your money.  When you had a long day working hard on the avenue, pay yourself FIRST.  Save some up for the rainy day for when the pimp try to steal it all from  you with high bills and unexpected costs.  Stash it.  Don't let'em know all your financial resources.  Second, take back your temple.  You need to stop allowing the rat race of life to tear you down and raping you of your sanity.  Your mind and spirit is essential to growth.  Find that "trick" (job, investment, career, etc) and love it.  Stop allowing the pimp (economic challenges) to dictate where and what you need to do with your money you earn.  Third, become the pimp.  Become a part of the system.  Gain wealth instead of being a worker.  Invest in something that appreciates in value (house, business, stocks, bonds, etc) and stop giving it away.  We need to stop buying and spending on stuff that looses value.  

Slick Rick was on to something..more than about relationships, but more importantly about life.  We must look around us and not ignore the signs.  We have to utilize the examples and situations that we have seen to overcome and conquer the pimp. Get with the program people!  It is time to wake up and stop being HOOKERS.  We have to know "the SCOOP". 

1 comment:

  1. Very good insight. I'm striving for pimp status!

    ReplyDelete